Love at first sip! This sweet and fruity cocktail is perfect for a Valentine’s Day celebration.
Inspired by her favorite cocktail at the Melting Pot called ‘Love Martini’, my sister-in-law has been making this cocktail with her own little twist at family gatherings for more than a few years now. She had me with just the first sniff of the drink and I immediately loved it. The sweetness of the sweet Peach Schnapps is balanced out by the tart Cranberry Juice and Vodka, while the Malibu Rum gives it just a hint of a tropical feel. The strawberry slices at the end too are a wonderful treat!
The original Melting Pot version of this cocktail with just Malibu rum, Peach Schnapps and Cranberry Juice, is a little too sweet for my taste (now that I’ve tried my sister-in-law’s cocktail). Her alterations in the proportions of the mix…make for a better cocktail I feel (Thanks Dusti!). So if you’re looking for an exact copycat recipe, this may not be it. But, I can say that its close enough and way better in my books!
I’ve had this cocktail on date nights and other occasions at family gatherings and such, so don’t look at it as a Valentine’s day exclusive. However, I thought that with it it’s name and a few modifications to the garnish (the heart shaped slices of strawberry) it would be apt for the upcoming romantic holiday.
Even though it’s a simple cocktail mix…I still did a step-by-step to show you how I cut the garnish and decorated the glass. Do let me know in the comments below if you happen to try or like this recipe 🙂
Enjoy…but drink responsibly!
Watch A Video Of This Recipe:
- 1/2 shot (0.75fl oz or 22ml) Malibu Rum
- 1/2 shot (0.75fl oz or 22ml) Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 shot (0.75fl oz or 22ml) Citron Vodka/Plain Vodka
- 3 shots (4.5fl oz or 132ml) Cranberry Juice
- 2 strawberries, for garnish
- A wedge of lime (optional)
- Sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- - To make strawberry hearts for the garnish cut a small "v" to remove the stem of the strawberry. Then cut it into slices.
- - You can rim your martini glass with sugar (if you want)- just use a lime/lemon wedge along the rim of the glass to get it wet and dip the glass in a plate with sugar.
- - Gently mix the Malibu Rum, Peach Schnapps, Vodka and Cranberry Juice together in a shaker (over ice if your Cranberry juice is not cold and pour it into the prepared glass.
- - Garnish your love martini with a couple strawberry hearts and a strawberry on the rim! Enjoy!
- For the strawberry garnish on the rim of the glass, simply make a cut half way up the bottom of a strawberry keeping the rest of it intact including the stem
- You can use either plain Vodka or any citrus flavored vodkas too.
- Because of the sweetness of this drink it doesn't really need a sugar rim...I just did it cos it's pretty!
- Drink responsibly. Don't drink and drive.
This looks gorgeous! Great step by step instructions
Noreen: we made the love martinis for our valentine’s party last night, just as you show in your step by step recipe, including the heart shaped strawberry garnish. They were a Big hit. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Do you have any suggestions for St. Paddy’s? Rosemary
Just wondering about the specificity of Malibu Rum. Would another rum work equally well? Why/why not? Thanks.
Well the Malibu rum is coconut flavored rum, so if there’s another coconut rum out there it would work just as well. I feel like other plain rums wouldn’t lend that hint of coconut the drink has, but I’m no expert it may just taste good too!
I’ll share this with friends. I’ll have to make some.
We made these last night for Valentine’s Day. Not only are they BEAUTIFUL with the heart strawberry slices, they are delicious ❤
I used silver sanding sugar for the rim of the martini glass – I actually did this several hours before we were ready to pour the martinis. We had a big group, so we mixed all of the alcohol first and added the cranberry juice just prior to serving. I would definitely make them again
Hi .. im trying to make this for this saturday .. i needed a a drink that was red .. and this looks perfect .. Do u have a recipe of how much of ecerything did u used .. i just want to make it ahead of time ..and put it in a big container so everyone can serve themselves.. Thanks
Not really sure what you are asking here?? this page has the recipe with specific quantities above for 1 serving. Just figure out how many servings you need and make it accordingly.
This is dumb. No strawberry liquor… no muddled strawberries. Why the garnish then? These listed ingredients make a Key West Martini. Do some research.
Boyd Kobe says
That sounds like a delicious drink! Definitely, want to give this a try. cheers!
This drink is too good and ,i got a prize in our restaurant to introduce this cocktail ..thanks for ur ideas.and i really loved this drink…🤗
virat panday says
Thanks for this and i have making for this for my girlfriend in this day..