Puff pastry hearts filled with sweet cream cheese and topped with gorgeous glazed raspberries, the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
There’s really not too much to say about this recipe, except that it’s really simple to make but looks gorgeous and would fool anyone into thinking you’re that good! 😉 The fabulous color and visual of this dessert plated makes it perfect for that special someone on Valentine’s Day or just to show your love. That’s not to say it doesn’t taste good either…it’s flaky, creamy and sweet just as a fruit dessert should be. My husband just loves this one!
It’s an easy dessert to make all the components ahead of time and simply assemble it when it’s time to serve. Here’s how you can make it-
Watch A Video Of This Recipe:
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 cup of Strawberry /Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Whipped Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar + 1 tbsp for the cream filling
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- - Unfold & roll out the creases of some pre-made puff pastry.
- - Using a heart shaped cookie cutter cut out 4 big hearts.
- - Then using a smaller heart shaped cutter, make a mark inside the bigger heart cut out. Don't cut this one all the way through, you're just trying to make a marking you can see later.
- - Place the puff pastry hearts on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. And bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- - In the mean time, dissolve the sugar in 2-3 tablespoons of water and bring to a boil.
- - Throw in 5 or 6 raspberries and crush them so they color and flavor the syrup.
- - When the syrup starts boiling and thickening slightly, add a tablespoon of corn starch dissolved in a little water, Stir it in well & let it boil before lowering the heat.
- - When the syrup thickens, turn off the heat and toss in the remaining raspberries and coat them in the syrupy goodness.
- - In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and mix well.
- - Fold in the whipped cream to make the filling light and fluffy.
- - To assemble the dessert, start by cutting out the inner heart we marked earlier...as faint as it might be it's a good guideline.
- - Spoon some of the cream mix in the heart cavity and then top with the some raspberries.
- - Dust powdered sugar over the top of the raspberries