My sister-in-law made this amazing and unusual Napa Cabbage and Ramen noodle salad for Christmas dinner with the family….and I couldn’t stop eating it. Who ever thought of putting raw ramen noodles in a salad for crunch is absolutely genius! I’m always looking for ways change up my salads and this has got to be my new favorite. Anyway, with her permission of course … I just had to share this recipe with you. Try it!!
Napa Cabbage and Ramen Noodle Salad
A whole head of Napa Cabbage
1 Pack of Ramen noodles (any flavor, as you just need the noodles)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp of butter or butter spray
For the Dressing:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
Salt to taste
-Tear the cabbage leaves into bite sized pieces. I don’t use the center white part, but it’s upto you, if you like it by all means throw that in as well.
– In a frying pan, add a little oil…or spray it with butter spray.
– Toast the a pack of ramen noodles (crushed), the almonds and the sesame seeds, till they’re lightly golden.
– Cool them down on a paper napkin.
– Move on to the dressing…
– Add all the dressing ingredients (sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, rice wine vinegar and salt) in a jar or bottle and shake the hell out of it.
– Toss the toasted sesame seeds, almonds and ramen noodles with the napa cabbage and pour over the dressing.
– Take a taste and you’ll see what the fuss is all about!