If you’re having people over, a super simple and quick appetizer idea is chicken bites. I have a great recipe for garlic yogurt marinated chicken bites inspired by my Indian roots. In Indian tandoori cuisine, its very common to marinate chicken in yogurt as it helps the spice mix coat the chicken and secondly, it also tenderizes the meat. Not only is the recipe super easy, you can prepare and marinate the chicken a day ahead and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve. That way you’re spending more time with your friends rather than in the kitchen 🙂 .
2 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
4-5 cloves garlic (crushed)
Lemon wedges and cilantro (for garnish)
– In a mixing bowl add sour cream, yogurt, salt, pepper and cumin powder.
– Then peel and crush your garlic and add to the mix
– Dice the chicken breast into bite sized pieces and add to the marinade.
– Stir to coat all the pieces. Cover with clingfilm and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
– Brush olive oil over a cookie sheet and spread the chicken over the pan so they aren’t overlapping.
– Bake in an 360F oven for 20 mins and then stick under the broiler for another 5-10 mins.
– Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.