Last on my menu for Super Bowl Sunday are these bite sized Mexican Chili Cups packed with flavor, adapted from Dashing Dish. Now, if you have the time you can make your own chili (see my chili recipe here) or taco seasoned ground beef/ turkey filling and top it off with a dash of salsa. But if you want a quick and easy snack that requires very little prep time, then just buy canned chili (jalapeno chili is my preference) and you’re good to go!
Here the quick step by step on how to make them…
3-4 Tortilla Shells
2 (15oz) Cans of Chili
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
Small can of Black Olives (sliced)
3-4 Scallions/ green onions (finely sliced)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
– Using a cookie cutter or round lid cut circles out of the tortilla’s. (Note: It’s easier to cut them when they’re cold).
– Then pop the circles into the microwave for 10 seconds so that the tortilla’s become more pliable.Press them snuggly them into the bottom of your mini muffin pan.
– Pre-heat your oven to 425F. Then open and drain all the liquid from your chili (you don’t want it to make the tortilla cups soggy). Spoon a little chili into each tortilla cup and press down with the back of your spoon so it doesn’t spill over.
– Top each chili filled cup with a little grated cheese, a few olive slices and a sprinkling of finely sliced green onion.
– Pop the tray into the oven for just 10-12 minutes, until the tortilla shells are crisp and the cheese is melted.
– Serve on a bed of chopped lettuce and with a dollop of sour cream on each one. You can even serve with some salsa for dipping…though there are good just as!