This is a super easy way of cooking up some tofu for a vegetarian appetizer. Simply dice & bread it with a seasoned with five spice mix and shallow fried till golden and crispy. Serve it up with some Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce and there you have it…delicious tofu that’s crispy on the outside and delicate and soft on the inside.
Here’s how you can make it!
Also See: Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 (15oz) pack of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- – Carefully cut the tofu into about 1-inch cubes.
- – Whisk 1-2 eggs in a shallow bowl and season it with salt.
- – In a different shallow bowl, mix together the corn starch and the five spice powder together.
- – In a third bowl, pour out the bread crumbs.
- – Simply coat the tofu pieces in the cornstarch mix, then dip it the egg, making sure to get all sides and lastly toss it in the bread crumbs. Repeat the same with all the tofu pieces.
- – In a shallow frying pan heat about a 1/4 inch of oil and fry the breaded tofu on all sides for maybe a minute or less on each, until it’s crispy and golden.Take them out and let them sit on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- – Serve hot with some soy-ginger dipping sauce.