Chicken Salad Wonton Cups Recipe
A pack of Wonton wrappers
2 chicken breasts (boiled & diced)
1/2 yellow bell pepper (diced)
2 cups of finely chopped lettuce (chopped)
5-6 scallions/green onions (finely sliced)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tsp dijon mustard
salt & pepper (according to your taste)
– Start by molding wonton wrappers into a well greased mini muffin tray to form cups. Pop them in to the oven pre-heated to 325F for around 12-15 minutes, till the tops turn a golden brown.
– While the wonton cups are baking in the oven, you can start on the chicken salad filling. In a mixing bowl, start with 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise.
– Add 2-3 tsp of dijon mustard and a sprinkling of kosher salt and ground black pepper to the mayo.
– Stir all the ingredients together and check for seasoning
– Add more of anything you’d like. I happen to love mustard and so added a squirt more dijon.
– Toss in the diced chicken, lettuce, bell pepper and scallions (green onions). You can keep a little of the lettuce aside for a garnish.
– Mix well to coat everything…give it a taste
– Once your wonton cups have cooled a little, you can start putting this bad boy together.
– Simply spoon a little of the filling into the wonton cups and garnish with a small piece of lettuce that you kept aside.