I love pasta! I can eat it any meal of the day or ALL meals of the day. I think I may have been Italian in a previous life or something.
No matter what I have in my fridge and pantry I can always whip up a pasta dish.The other day, all I had was frozen shrimp and red peppers and green onions. So I made this…
and it was super quick, easy and refreshing! So here’s my recipe for Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp, Red Chili & Lime.
2-3 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
1 tbsp butter (optional)
6 oz shrimp (peeled & cleaned)
5-6 cloves of garlic
2-3 red chili peppers
5-6 green onions/scallions
1 cup of white wine
Salt & pepper for seasoning
Handful of flat leaf parsley
1/2 box of angel hair pasta
– Boil the angel hair pasta in salted water.
– While the pasta is boiling you can prep all your ingredients by rinsing the shrimp and finely chopping the garlic, green onion, red chili peppers and parsley.
– Once the pasta is half way cooked. Heat the olive oil in a deep pan (with a knob of butter, optional), add the finely chopped garlic…
-Then the finely chopped spring onion and red chili peppers, saute and season generously with salt and pepper.
– Add white wine & reduce to half.
– Squeeze a little bit of lime and add the shrimp.
– Drain the pasta to the shrimp and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Season again with salt pepper.
– Toss well and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lime.