Hey Everyone, its Sara and Jessica from My Clean Kitchen (www.mycleankitchen.com). We are so excited to be featured and guest posting on Picture the Recipe today! A huge thanks to Noreen for including us!! We are a new-ish food blog and we focus on clean eating recipes using local ingredients. Today we are sharing an awesome recipe for Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Almonds.
¼ teaspoon Ground Chipotle Chili Powder
3 tablespoons Organic Dark Maple Syrup (I used Grade A as its minimally processed)
2 cups Raw Almonds, unsalted
1 teaspoon Sea Salt, divided
1 Fresh Rosemary Stalk, chopped (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
¼ cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Using a small saute pan or skillet add olive oil over low heat. Then add chopped rosemary to olive oil. Increase heat to medium to medium high until the oil just begins to bubble, then promptly turn it back to low. Allow it to sit on the heat for up to 10 minutes. This infuses the rosemary into the olive oil.
4. While the olive oil and rosemary are on the stove, add the almonds, chipotle pepper spice, and 1/4 of the salt to a medium mixing bowl.
5. Just before removing the hot oil from the stove, add the maple syrup to the nuts and mix to coat.
6. Then, promptly add the olive oil mixture and mix to coat the almonds well.
7. Spread the almonds onto the sheet pan in an even layer and put them in the oven.
8. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove them add 1/4 salt and stir the almonds to ensure they don’t stick. Place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then repeat with another 1/4 salt and stir.
9. Place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then remove them and add the remaining salt and place the almonds in a cool place to dry such as a counter not too close to the oven or stove.
10. Drying will depend on the humidity and environment in your kitchen. Once they’ve dried store them in an airtight container. Enjoy!