I have nothing else to say…but TRY THEM!
Lemon Glazed Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
* 1 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup plain greek yogurt
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 large eggs
* Zest of 1 lemon
* 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups blueberries, (if using frozen, thawed)
For the Lemon Glaze:
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
* 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl & set it aside for later.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer or another large bowl, measure out the yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and the zest of a lemon.
- Whisk it all together for 3-4 minutes until it’s all combined.
- Then gradually spoon in the flour mix into the wet ingredients until all the flour is used up,scraping the sides down occasionally.
- In a separate bowl dust the blueberries with roughly a tablspoon or so of flour and toss them around until they are all coated in the flour.
- Then gently fold half of the blueberries into the muffin mix, reserving the other half to add to the individual muffins.
- Spoon the batter into a well greased and floured muffin tray or use cupcake papers to line the tin and fill each one about 3/4 the way up.
- Add the extra blueberries to each individual muffin to make sure they all have enough. Gently press them into the batter.
- Bake the muffins at 350F for about 30-35 minutes until they turn a light golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely.
- While the muffins are cooling you can prepare the glaze by simply whisking 2-3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to about a cup of sifted confectioners sugar. Add the lemon juice gradually to get the right consistency. The glaze shouldn’t be runny, you’re looking for thick but pourable contistency.
- Once the muffins have cooled down simply dip the tops into the glaze or pour the glaze over the op of each muffin and allow the lemon glaze to harden for atleast 15 minutes, before serving.