Being Football season and all…I thought I should add to my growing list of Game Day Snacks. Since Buffalo Chicken is more or less a football staple, I thought why not do a little twist and make Buffalo chicken Bites.
These crispy bites are simply cooked chicken mixed with buffalo sauce and different kinds of cheeses, breaded with cornflakes & baked until they are crispy on the outside, but melty…. gooey and delicious on the inside. Another great thing about this recipe is you can make it ahead of time and freeze the bites until just before the game and simply pop them in the oven to bake. So what you waiting for? Go try them…here’s the recipe…
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
1 Chicken Breast/ 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
1 Celery stalk
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup cheddar, grated
3-4 cups Corn flakes
1 cup flour
Salt & pepper
- If you are using a chicken breast, first season it generously with salt and pepper then boil it, with the lid on, for about 20-25 minutes until tender & cooked.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken using 2 forks and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese & buffalo sauce.
- Then finely chop one stalk of celery and add it to the mix along with the mozzarella & cheddar and mix it all well.
- Add the shredded cooked chicken to the mix and stir it well until all the chicken is coated. Put the mixture in the fridge for about 20 mins or so to set a little and make it easier to handle.
- In the mean time, crush 3-4 cups of regular cornflakes, in a ziploc bag until it resembles panko (coarse) crumbs.
- In three different bowls lay out the flour, eggs (beaten) and cornflake crumbs for breading the buffalo chicken bites.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F. Once the chicken mixture has cooled a little, using a scoop or rounded tablespoon take a little of the chicken your hands and make a ball out of it. Roll the buffalo chicken ball in the flour first to coat it all over, then dip it into the egg mix and roll it into the cornflake crumbs so that it’s coated evening on all sides. Set it aside on a baking sheet, with parchment/wax paper on it.
- You can even flash freeze the coated balls in the freezer on a sheet and once frozen transfer them to the zip lock bag or tupperware dish, for later use.
- To cook them, simple bake the buffalo chicken bites for about 20 mins at 375F and if frozen bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with ranch/ bleu cheese sauce, celery and more buffalo sauce drizzled over the top!
Other Game Day Recipes: