And here is how you can make them this Super Bowl…
Football Whoopie Pies Recipe:
1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix (any kind you like)
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Water
For the Buttercream Filling-
1 1/2 stick of butter
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
A small tube of white decorating gel for the football laces
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F then start by whisking together the eggs, vegetable oil and water.
- Then add the cake mix and stir well, till it’s lump free and smooth batter. The batter should be a little thicker than usual.
- Spoon the batter well spaced out into little blobs.
- Using the back of a spoon or butter knife try to shape the batter into little oblong, football shapes. Careful beacause they are going to spread out, so keep them as small as you can.
- Pop them in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Then take them out and let them cool
- While you’re waiting, you can get started with the butter cream filling. It’s as simple as whisking softened butter with powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a stand up mixer for 6-7 minutes until white and fluffy.
- To assemble the whoopie pies, pipe some of the cream filling on the underside of a football shaped cake cookie.
- Place another football cake cookie over the frosting and press down a little to sandwich the frosting between the two cakes. Repeat with the rest of the cakes.
- To decorate the football woopie pies, draw laces using a small tube of white decorating gel.