So as part of my Super Bowl worthy snacks all this week I made little football shaped pizza pockets. Again, this is more of a snack idea rather than a precise recipe as I used ready-made everything and you need to use your discretion for the measurements. But hey! It’s simple and you can totally run with the idea and stuff the pockets with anything you’d like and I’m sure it’ll be a hit come game day.
They are really cute and super tasty! Here’s how you can make them…
1 Pack Pie crust or Pizza crust
1 egg (beaten with a tablespoon of cold water)
- Roll out you pie crust (I prefer the flakiness of pie crust rather than pizza dough for this recipe). Using a round larger cookie cutter, cut round circles of the pastry. Then cut them into football shapes. Once you have one it’s easy to use it as a template and cut the rest out. Re-roll the scraps and cut out as many football shapes as you can.
- On a football cutout, place a couple pepperoni slices, a piece of mozzarella and a little pizza sauce.
- Brush a little of the egg wash around the edges and place another football shaped cutout over the stuffing and seal by pressing down on the edges.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges around the pizza pocket and make slits in the top to resemble football laces.
- Brush the tops of each pizza pocket with the egg wash and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 425F for around 10-12 minutes or until the pizza pockets turn a golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.