*Post Edit:- I had forgotten to mention the step where the sugar goes in the recipe image below….as pointed out by several people in the comments. So, Add the sugar when you melt the chocolate in the butter. =) I have now edited the image to include that and I hope this clears things up. Sorry again for the accidental omission.
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe
Makes: 48 mini muffin sized brownies or 24 regular muffin sized brownies.
Fudge Brownie Recipe Ingredients:
250gms (2 1/2 Sticks) Butter
250gms (approx. 2 cups) Chocolate Chips or chunks
12 oz (1 1/2 Cup) fine Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Cups of all purpose Flour
2 tsps Baking Powder
6 large Eggs
1 Cup of chopped Walnuts or Almonds (optional)
1. Melt the butter gently in a sauce pan, on medium heat.
2. Add the Chocolate and sugar and stir till they are completely melted.
3. At this point, you can add the nuts and stir in the vanilla.
4. Holding a sieve or sifter over the pan, put the flour along with the 2 tsps of baking powder in and sift into the chocolate mix. Stir mixed.
5. Turn down the heat to low and start adding the eggs one at a time and stir till each one is incorporated into the mixture. With each egg the batter should get smoother and glossier.
6. Turn off the heat and spoon the batter into sprayed mini muffin trays or regular muffin moulds. Fill each mould only 3/4th way full to compensate for the batter rising.
7. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 360F for around 12-15 minutes. When checking on the brownies it’s ok if the center is still a little sticky.
For the Mascarpone Buttercream icing Recipe:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 cups confectioners powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. In a KitchenAid or stand up mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt. And then add 2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth. Add more sugar, if you have a sweeter tooth than I have. Turn off the mixer when you reach your desired consistency and sweetness.
To assemble the mini santa hat brownies:
- Start by filling a piping bag or icing gun with the frosting.
- Cut a little off the top of the mini brownies to stand them upside down.
- Pipe a ring of icing around the top.
- Place a starberry upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.