Nothing says summer like this mojito cocktail with a tropical twist!
After a long day of gardening and planting my favorite herbs and veggies, I kicked back on the porch with a copycat coconut mojito I had first tasted at Benihana in Minneapolis over a year ago. It just seemed like the perfect drink to kick of the summer with its refreshing mint, tangy lime and creamy sweet coco-nutty goodness. mmmmm…..
Close your eyes when you take a sip of this refreshing cocktail and you’ll be transported to a Caribbean beach with turquoise blue waters and palm trees swaying in the light breeze. It’s the next best thing to a tropical vacation.
Even though it’s a simple cocktail mix…I still did a step-by-step to show you just how easy mixing your own cocktails can be. Do let me know in the comments below if you happen to try or like this recipe
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 1/2- 2 Limes
- 1 shot (1.5 fl oz or 44ml) Light Rum
- 1 shot (1.5 fl oz or 44ml) Coconut Rum
- 2-3 tbsp Cream of Coconut(sweetened)
- 6-8 fl oz club Soda
- - Tear the leaves of 4-5 sprigs of fresh mint and add them to a glass.
- - Squeeze in the juice of 11/2 limes and add a couple of the wedges to the glass as well. (Reserve the other half of the lime for garnish)
- - Muddle the mint and lime wedges to release more flavor.
- - Add 2-3 tablespoons of cream of coconut, 1 shot of light rum and 1 shot of coconut rum (plain rum works too if you don't have coconut flavored rum) and stir it all together well.
- - Add ice and top off the glass with club soda. Stir well.
- - Garnish with a slice of lime on the rim and a sprig of mint. Enjoy....but drink responsibly!!
- Cream of Coconut is available in the cocktail mixer aisle at major grocery stores, not to be mistaken of the unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk in the Asian section.