Nothing says summer like this mojito cocktail with a tropical twist!
After a long day of gardening and planting my favorite herbs and veggies, I kicked back on the porch with a copycat coconut mojito I had first tasted at Benihana in Minneapolis over a year ago. It just seemed like the perfect drink to kick of the summer with its refreshing mint, tangy lime and creamy sweet coco-nutty goodness. mmmmm…..
Close your eyes when you take a sip of this refreshing cocktail and you’ll be transported to a Caribbean beach with turquoise blue waters and palm trees swaying in the light breeze. It’s the next best thing to a tropical vacation.
Even though it’s a simple cocktail mix…I still did a step-by-step to show you just how easy mixing your own cocktails can be. Do let me know in the comments below if you happen to try or like this recipe
To make sure you don’t miss out on many more videos like this, be sure to subscribe to my new recipe channel!
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 1/2- 2 Limes
- 1 shot (1.5 fl oz or 44ml) Light Rum
- 1 shot (1.5 fl oz or 44ml) Coconut Rum
- 2-3 tbsp Cream of Coconut(sweetened)
- 6-8 fl oz club Soda
- - Tear the leaves of 4-5 sprigs of fresh mint and add them to a glass.
- - Squeeze in the juice of 11/2 limes and add a couple of the wedges to the glass as well. (Reserve the other half of the lime for garnish)
- - Muddle the mint and lime wedges to release more flavor.
- - Add 2-3 tablespoons of cream of coconut, 1 shot of light rum and 1 shot of coconut rum (plain rum works too if you don't have coconut flavored rum) and stir it all together well.
- - Add ice and top off the glass with club soda. Stir well.
- - Garnish with a slice of lime on the rim and a sprig of mint. Enjoy....but drink responsibly!!
- Cream of Coconut is available in the cocktail mixer aisle at major grocery stores, not to be mistaken of the unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk in the Asian section.