Popovers. Who knew they’d be that tasty and easy to make? Tracy of the Shutterbean.com knew. That’s where I first saw these pretty little mouthfuls and just knew I had to try making them. Now, mine didn’t look as pretty as hers and I was a little disappointed at first. But it tasted great.
This recipe makes 24 mini muffin sized popovers. I added my own twist to the recipe by adding green onion and finely chopped jalapeno to the mix and I loved them. I’m sure you will too.
Cheesy Jalapeno Popovers Recipe
1 cup Milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the 2 eggs along with a cup of milk.
- Add to it some salt, ground black pepper, the finely chopped green onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Then grate some sharp cheddar,I used smoked sharp cheddar.
- Add the cheese to the mix along with a cup of flour and whisk it all together.
- Add the fresh parsely and stir it it. Then cover the batter with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour. This is a good time to pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Once your batter has reheated and the oven preheated, it’s time to prep your mini muffin pan.
- Start by brushing around 2 tbsp melted butter, in each of your mini muffin cups.
- Place the buttered muffin pan in the oven and heat it until the butter sizzles (about 2-3 minutes).
- Then remove the pan from the oven and fill the cups with batter.
- Pop the pan in the oven again and bake for about 15-17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.