4 simple ingredients and the best home-made biscuits you’ll ever taste!
I came across these biscuits on pinterest, which lead me to angiessouthernkitchen.com and the recipe for these scrumptious biscuits. I knew I just had to make them. And needless to say, since I’m posting them on here….they turned out amazing! It’s definitley one of the easiest, fastest and most delicious biscuits I’ve ever made. A MUST-TRY recipe in my books, one I’ll be making for years and years to come. Thanks Angie!
7up Biscuits Recipe
Ingredients: (makes 12 biscuits)
3 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
3/4 cup Sour Cream
3/4 cup 7up
1/3 Cup Butter
All- purpose flour for dusting
– Pre-heat your oven to 425F. Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a baking dish (I used a 9×13 dish). I simply popped the dish with the butter in the pre-heating oven to melt. Keep an eye on it though, you want it melted…not browned. The butter should coat the whole bottom of the dish.
– In a mixing bowl, add 3 cups of Bisquick (I haven’t tried other brands of baking mix, but I suppose they would work as well). Then add a 3/4 cup of sour cream to the bisquick.
– Cut the sour cream into the baking mix. In ther words mix the sour cream into the powder, using the thin side of a spatula or spoon.
– Then pour in the 7up and barley mix it in so that it’s all combined. It’s going to be a very sticky lumpy looking dough. (avoid over working the dough, the lighter the touch you use the better the biscuits will turn out. )
– Pour the sticky dough out onto a well floured surface (I use wax paper on my counter, for ease of clean up). Then using your hands, flatten the dough to about an inch or so thickness.
– Using a biscuit cutter or a glass, cut the biscuits out of the dough. I managed to cut out 12 biscuits and make 2 more from the scraps.
– Place the cut biscuits in the dish over the melted butter. It’s ok to place them close to one another. (If you want to skip the melted butter altogether, you can just place them on sprayed baking sheet…the butter just adds to flavor and keeps the biscuits a little more moist.However, I’ve cooked them without the butter and they were just as good.)
– Bake the biscuits at 425F for about 20-22 minutes, until golden on top.
– Serve warm…..mmmmmm